Lodge Alarm Key Holder Details with your Local Authority

by | Oct 12, 2018 | Joomla Blog, News

Did you know that if you have an audible intruder alarm fitted to your home you are required by law to lodge details of a nominated key holder with your local authority?

Many people these days have burglar alarms fitted to their homes that ring out if an intruder attempts to make entry. This is all well and good, of course, and the homeowner can simply deactivate the alarm once the incident has been sorted out.

What if the homeowner is not there though? The alarm may be accidentally tripped by an animal or bird and sound out at any time during the day or night causing untold agonies to nearby neighbours.

What you may not be aware of is the Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005.

As the homeowner, it is your responsibility to nominate a key holder and to notify the local authority in writing giving them the name, phone number and address of that person. Failure to do so can result in a fine.

So if you have an audible alarm and have not provided the local authority with key holder details then you should do so as soon as possible.